Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jekyll Isalnd Day 1: Marsh Inlet Study 085 SOLD


What a blur the last week of school was... exams, grades and comments for every student. Not to mention I was the commencement speaker for the senior class. Needless to say, I was in a daze all last week. The speech went well and I have been told it was the best ever... which means a lot, my father gave the best one I ever heard followed by the legend Lewis Grizzard and friend and fellow teacher Jeff Stuart. I was blown away by how many people stood in line to shake my hand (can you believe it) and emailed, called and sent Facebook messages. Today is the first day I have not heard from someone about it... a week later, the honeymoon is over. I will post a copy of my address as well as a link to the video as soon as I get it. Aparently it was amusing.

Jules, in all of her infinite wisdom, knew I needed to get away soon, so she scheduled for us to go camping on Jekyll Island. This will be my first visit since my ill fated first marriage in 2000. The Georgia coast is my favorite place on earth and I am glad she did this for me, she is the best. I don't know many people who would do that. I love to camp, but warm weather camping is not something I enjoy, as I am a polar bear by nature. It was hot, humid and buggy... but who cares when it is summer, you don't have to work and you have more painting supplies than you know what to do with.

Day one, we scouted and took pictures. Later that night I did this study from a picture I had taken that day outside of the Jekyll Island Club. I drew from the camera, which shut of every 2 seconds. It helped to knock the rust of and get the juices flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment