Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kiwi 084


It felt great to get back to small stuff today. I love these smaller pieces. I can get something out of them that I can get out of a larger piece. The larger pieces seem so over worked in comparison to the smaller ones, it feels like using a butter knife to fix a loose screw on a pair of glasses, but that is what is so great. When you work larger, all your tools are small, when you work small, all your tools are large. I also get the perfect amount of form breakdown and it is easier to build up the large cuts of paint with the knife. The small paintings are awesome. Fresh, distorted and full of life. A little piece of painting goodness...

1 comment:

  1. so fresh,crisp, makes me want to go out and buy some kiwi...i know what you mean about painting a larger piece...it is sooooo different from the small ones

    ReplyDelete